Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Day Four, to Wilmot: Never Alone

What a beautiful day for walking! And it seemed like the theme was 'never alone.' The trail from Bridgetown east is well tended and well used. Met some friendly people along the way, and lots of familiar plants and birds. 
At Digby on Sunday I was presented with a stack of cards with words of encouragement and blessing, from the church folk. I pick a couple a day to have at hand in my pocket; each message is sincere, and sometimes fun. Imagine my delight when, near Paradise, I saw this hanging from a branch above the trail: 
A note, a bookmark, and pepermints, for 'Jeff in the Pulpit.' Signed only with a first name, I *think* I know who it is from. I left a little note behind for her. :)
Had lunch at 11:30 in Lawrencetown at Shakes On Main. Yum! Then made it to Middleton before 3. Stoped in to an ancestral burial ground (Pine Grove Cemetery), my home Baptist Church, and a friend's place to rest my feet and shoulders. Thanks Claire and Dave! I was just about to my destination when a dear soul from Digby Baptist was there, stopped on the side of the road, to greet me! It was a chance meeting, and a joyful and well-timed one. 
My parents had their trailer ready for me, and supper too, to enjoyvqith them. This happens to be in the back yard where I grew up, and my father before me. :) 
Wherever I roamed, frinds from near and far surrounded me. Even the track of at atv in a mud puddle seemed to have a message. 
Today, with a bit of wandering, turned out to be 26.6 kms. Perhaps this will be my longest day. Tomorrow, off towards Aylesford, and then back for the night in Wilmot.

No comments:

Post a Comment