Saturday, June 18, 2022

Day 21, to Nappan; almost there

As I compose this, the lovely pouring rain is coming down upon the beautiful cottage where I will stay for my last night of this pilgrimage. I look down upon the gentle Maccan River. I hear a gentle thunder to the south. I walked all morning and afternoon under clouds and then blue sky.
It was a relaxing day along these Cumberland County roads. No raincoat needed, just a bug net over my head.
A lunch break at the Maccan marsh and tidal bore park was refreshing. Even the bugs let up, and a train went by. I was too early for the bore. At the stopping point, a research farm, I gathered a congregation, hungry for something. My text was from Amos the prophet: "You cows of Bashan, who lay on your couches.." ;) Near the end of my walking, this afternoon, Ed (of Amherst) checked in a few times. He was lined up to bring me out to the cottage, along with supper, snacks, clean bedding, etc. He and Susan went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of a number of details for me up here in Cumb. Co.  Like the ever-present flocks of cedar waxwings along my journey, many friends and family have watched over me every day for three weeks. Bless you!  Daily blessings from Digby people have been in the cards they (you) gave me; I usually carried two a day with me in a pocket. It was a 20.6 km day for me, tomorrow will be only ten or fifteen, getting me to First Baptist Church Amherst for the 10:30 worship service. I hear that a couple or more people will walk with me into the town. They shall each get a little nature card of blessing from me, as the others did who walked long or short times with me.
Tune in tomorrow for the final, and fewer, steps.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie and I have really enjoyed following your walk via this blog! The pictures have been beautiful, though we'd both like labels for the flowers!

    ReplyDelete