Thursday, June 2, 2022

Day 5, to Aylesford. Botanizing

On the way to Aylesford this morning (19.5 Kms, got there by noon.) I passed by some nice sand barrens and swamps along the Harvest Moon Trail. Plant enthusiast that I am, I took note of many familiar things, especially those in bloom.
Internet not being great in every stopping place for the night, I am posting my observations to iNaturalist in fits and starts. What is iNaturalist, you ask? An online platform for citizen scientists (like you and me) to submit data about living things. What we saw, and where, etc. Check out my observations here: 
I truly enjoyed walking today near my old stomping ground, but along a trail I had never walked. It was a new perspective on Wilmot, NS.
So much was near my home all along that I never saw, until today. Tomorrow I go from Aylesford to Coldbrook. I will get as far as I can, depending upon my speed and my starting time. Tomorrow afternoon through Saturday afternoon I attend a special gathering in Wolfville that has been planned for years. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment