Sunday, June 12, 2022

Day 15, to Little Dyke (Glenholme)

Today was Sunday, the Christian Sabbath, and I got to worship in a church I have driven by for years, in Old Barns. In the pews there was a reunion of local friends I've met at the Atlantic Seminar in Theological Education over the past thirty years. We had a joyful lunch together. At last, at 3 pm, I started my walk for the day, from Onslow to Little Dyke, about 21.5 kms. Lots of traffic on the #2 highway for the first hour, then it let up. Here are a few scenes from the solo trip.
These days seem to go by so quickly! I am still walking at a fast pace. One great help today was that, just a few kilometres after I began, my friends from Little Dyke paused as they drove by. I ended up unloading half of the things in my backpack into their car, for delivery to their cottage where I am staying. Thanks, Yvonne and Laurin!
Tomorow, Monday, some of Yvonne'walking friends will join me and her for all or part of the trek to Bass River. We will be dressed for showers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment