Sunday, June 19, 2022

Day 22, to Amherst; pilgrimage complete

This morning my pilgrimage was completed. Just over 12 kms of walking,  from the experimental farm in Nappan, to First Baptist Amherst. Once I got to Amherst Point, Myrna joined me. She is a runner, and our pace was a fast walk in the wonderful morning sunshine. After a pause by the bird sanctuary (the Glen), we crossed the 104 highway. 
A few other folks joined us then, Ed, Danielle and Coleridge. Rev. Don welcomed me 'home' as we passed his house. Soon, we got to the sidewalk and made our way calmly and joyfully to the downtown.
Those gathering for worship welcomed us as we arrived at 10:00. At 10:30 it was time for service, with pizza, salad and cake for lunch in the hall downstairs after. A good time was had by all. A hearty welcome was given to me and Sharon.
I arrived in my new neighbourhood. I discovered that one can walk from Digby to Amherst. I barely got rained upon in these 22 days. Not counting a couple spare days not en route, I walked...

wait for it...

463.6 kms.

I did not keep a journal or diary, but I will soon make some notes on each day. Certain scenes, funny events, and things people said I want to put on paper for myself. And I will now, with Sharon, get our house set up in Amherst: thanks to her for the thorough paint job which is underway.
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment