Thursday, June 9, 2022

Day 12, to Lattie's Brook, signs for pilgrims

There are signs everywhere I've travelled, but today simply seemed to be more full of them and fun than others. I could have taken more photos, for the record, of the messages posted to read. I travelled a well-worn old rail bed to Kennetcook in the morning, and the 236 highway in the afternoon, just past the sign for Lattie's Brook. Some signs truly offer a blessing, such as the free masks.
Others simply inform. There was a sign for this Church, St. Peters. Nowhere today did I see one warning of the poison ivy, here or elsewhere (I have seen it every day of my journey). 
I have to give some other critter photos. (I took a lot more plant shots today than yesterday.)
 I found ticks plentiful in Hants County, in the tall and short grass right along the roads. My wooly socks were a great trap for them!
The scenery was lovely, regularly reaching a local river or stream. The air was humid and the clouds filled in, but not a drop of rain came down until I got my to Bible Hill to stay with friends, who teach out in Kennetcook and picked me up on their way home from school. 
So, one of the signs that reminded me, a pedestrian, to saunter, slow down, and smile, was this one:I am still learning to linger. I travelled about 19.6 kms today, before my pick-up at 3:20. Tomorrow, I will get a ride back to Latties Brook, and start walking around 8 am. Probably just before this, an interview with me will go on the air, on CBC radio's Information Morning. Possibly at 7:20, the moment could change.

No comments:

Post a Comment