Sunday, July 15, 2012

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - July 2012 at Home

Rose 'Grootendorst'
We just got back from a mini-vacation in time to post for GBBD.   Check out May Dreams Gardens for more bloom day delights from around the world.   
     Things are getting rather dry here in Nova Scotia, Canada, but the plants are tough.  And it is Rose season.  

Yes, I have plenty of things in pots that need to find their permanent homes.  Do you?  Right now at the house seems to be a time for white, especially in the bed that is somewhat shaded.  
Astilbe
Astrantia
Filipendula ulmaria 'flore pleno'
Astilboides tabularis
I'm quite pleased to have some colour in this bed, Hydrangea "Invincibelle Spirit," and pleased to have it bigger and blooming.

 OK, back to white again, with this little, struggling Clematis.  Four blooms are better than one, like we had last year.
And I am excited about the Trumpet Vine that will be blooming.  Last year it had a total of two blossoms, and I missed seeing them until they had fallen.  This year there will be quite a few.  
Campsis radicans
I also have some spectacular golden-yellow Asiatic Lilies in bloom (when ordered they were supposedly going to be a shade of green!), Shoo-fly Plant (Nicandra physalodes), and a few other things I can't remember the name of just now.  
     I took some wildflower shots this week, while camping, and before that some garden shots when visiting friends.  I'll likely post some of that in the next couple days.  I need to get over to the cottage too, and see what's up there, as well as get some things planted around that new geo-arbour.  
     Enjoy the heat of the summer as much as you can; and maybe it will rain when you need it!

2 comments:

  1. aloha,

    beautiful tour, i'm really fond of that miniature hydrangea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post...of course, the Astrantias are my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete