Thursday, May 19, 2022

Fifteen Minutes of Fame?

 I seem to get my fifteen minutes of fame about once a year, and it just happened for 2022. The upcoming pilgrimage, and the ongoing walking group of First Baptist Amherst, got featured by the local press. Thanks, Darrell Cole. Here is a link to the article, which may or may not work for you, dear reader. 

https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-canada/news/new-amherst-baptist-minister-to-walk-the-line-from-digby-100732099/

Not only have I been meeting locals who read the article, I got an email from a Salvation Army officer formerly here in Digby, who was shown the news, and contacted me to see about joining me for a bit of the walk. Wonderful! I met this fellow once, when he was in town visiting old friends. I shall meet him again, and be pilgrims together - even just for a day.

Perhaps you too will walk with me - one kilometer... or twenty.

And, for any who want to see me off when I start, remember: I will be starting on Sunday, May 29, at 6 pm from the Church and Parsonage. Any words of blessing can be spoken then, before I (we) set out. Thanks so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment