Monday, May 30, 2022

Day Two, to Annapolis Royal

I took my time starting today, because I knew my pick-up time was 4 o'clock or so, in Annapolis. From the Bear River bridge I followed the railbed, with a few exceptions. 
It was another big blue sky day, with a good breeze. Only once when I paused to check out a plant did a few mosquitos land upon me. (This flower is ragged robin.)
By 11:30 I got to Frank and Dora's, and stopped for ice cream, internet, and a bathroom.
Once I got into Clementsport, the rail bed ended at the Moose River, and for a couple kms I followed the road.
Soon, I stopped for a refreshing break at Sharon and Joe's, and filled up my water jug and had a great cup of soup. Thanks! It was another good break for my feet. I did not  change my socks today, but I did switch my shoes once. 
Turning off onto Twin Cove Road, I followed it until it became the railbed again, though quite a  bit of this is overgrown. I took a breather looking back to Goat Island from the shore of the former Upper Clements Park.
I could see demolition of the park is underway. I seemed to gain a tiny mascot at yesterday's Farewell Gathering, so little sheepie enjoyed the trip all day too. Carrying on, the rail bed was clear and smooth, all the way to Annapolis, sometimes gravely and well- worn, sometime grassy and weedy. I was pleasantly surprised to find only one tick on me all day, and glimpsed one on a blade of grass. 
At 4 pm I was about to cross Allains Creek, and shortly was picked up by Teana, Dryden and Amelia. I walked 22.5 kms.
Sharon drove up and joined us for a nice supper in Hillsburn.  Tuesday will be another 20 kms or so, along the rail bed to Bridgetown. Again, I won't start my treck until late morning, due to a suppertime pick up in Bridgetown by Sherwin. I just might need to test out my raincoat tomorrow... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment