Sunday, August 5, 2012

Planting Time in August

So, some of the many plants waiting in their pots finally got into the ground the other day, at the Cottage.  I got a section of  the road-side lawn tilled and ready for them... at long last.  




Some Daylilies got placed, and a couple roses, a Pieris, a bamboo, and a couple other treasures.
It was a small strip to mow, and one of the slightly shaded areas of the property.  Now - oh dear - I need to get more of the plants on my wish-list to fill this space!  
     On the way to another planting area, I enjoyed these blooms...


I also got some vines and perennials planted around the geodesic arbour.  So it's looking less like a playground and more like a garden feature.  
How do you like the old feed-bag / manure bag / shade for the wilting grape vine?  I also placed a couple Kiwi vines, Daylilies, another rose, etc.
     So what's the reason for this sudden progress, you may well ask? (If you call planting things in the heat of August progress!)  Well, our garden club is coming to visit on Monday.  What great motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment