Monday, April 30, 2012

Red and Blue Fauna

I was excited to hear about some uncommon birds seen in the area lately, so I made a field trip to the backyard of some folks I know.  
Along with Purple Finches, and other typical species coming to their feeders, are two male Indigo Buntings.  
I don't recall ever seeing these before.  (The birder in me says, "Lifer!")  
My photos don't do these buntings justice, but the shades of blue and green are wonderful.  You'd think it was a wee parrot with the wrong beak.  Apparently, Indigo Buntings are a regular visitor to Nova Scotia, but I guess they don't stay around for long.
And, speaking of red and blue animals... we have been seeing a lot of the foxes lately.
I took this photo a week or so ago... the field is a lot greener now.  AND, at dusk or after dark we have seen several little foxes, from the car, as we come down our driveway.  I would so love to get a photo of them!  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment