Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nepenthes Bloom

Well, I know it is wonderfully spring, here in Nova Scotia, but my work and other hobbies have gotten in the way of my gardening and blogging.  And, I know it is time to blog on the great outdoors, but one of the rickety houseplants is blooming.  It's an unnamed tropical pitcher plant, Nepenthes.  

This dear ole thing is a bit neglected.  It's had a dry winter, and all the pitchers that hang off the leaves are dried up.  I guess, like various other houseplants, it blooms when it is threatened.  This one is a male, producing these pollen flowers.  As I took these shots I noticed another blossom arising from another meristem.
 
OK, next post, I promise, will celebrate the plants outdoors.  Happy Earth Day, one and all.
Rhododendron hybird


1 comment:

  1. Happy Earth day back! Hope you are getting the rain we are...such Spring fragrance. The well needs it!

    ReplyDelete