Friday, October 5, 2012

October Bloomers

October brings some new blooms to the garden, while other plants keep their own show going on and on and on.  This Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate'  is just in it's glory now.  Nearby, the Aralia cordata 'Sun King' is blooming greenily, and the Chives still send up an occasional blooming stem.


The annual Nicandra physalodes keeps on blooming and going to seed.  Some of the local birds have even been feeding on the seeds, I think.

Campsis radicans, sporting some large green pods, looks like it will stay in flower until frost.  There.  I typed that word.  Here's hoping the first hard frost will be weeks away!

The male Holly, above, is blooming a bit.  But another spectacular bloomer for a great long time has been this Gaura that came from a church plant sale, with a common name I don't remember now.  I really had no idea what it would be when I bought it last year.  Now I wish I had more.

The gardening season continues!

1 comment:

  1. The gaura has not survived for me...so high five on that in your garden!!

    Rosaline (think you know who I mean) gave me seeds for the Nicandra years ago...never planted. Should have.

    The garden season continues indeed...no frost yet...amazing!! HTksgng

    ReplyDelete