Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Economy Point Hike

So I tested out a new app on my phone - Strava - with a beach hike at Economy Point, starting at Thomas' Cove. It happened to be a nice, low-tide day, so down I travelled the Lynn Road. I'd only been down that one once before in my life. 
It was a beautiful day, as the photos show. Not real warm, and certainly breezy. I did not see a lot of wildlife: a couple eagles, as one would expect.
This 'balancing rock' appeared on the cliffside just a few years ago, and it is still hanging on:
The beach is a lot of sand, with some muddy spots, and plenty of sandstone boulders at the base of the cliffs. When I was done, I could see the tide coming in. It is speedy, just like a tidal bore across the beach, and pretty soon it is a raging river. Best not to linger out on some rocks or a sand bar with the tide turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment