Monday, June 15, 2020

Garden Blogger Bloom Day June 2020

We are "knee deep in June," as a dear gardening friend likes to say, quoting James Whitcomb Riley. And it is Garden Bloggers Bloom Day. I have been away from garden blogging for about five years, so it is time to get back at it! Here are some of the joys of my garden around the house today.

Of course, Iris season continues.
 

Lupins are well-loved here in Nova Scotia, and the ones that volunteer in my beds sometimes surprise me with their colour. But Blue is a great colour, too, and there is plenty of that just now.


I have two Korean Dogwoods planted out front. They started off quite small. The white one has never bloomed. But this year, the pink one is about to, for the first time.
















I love pure white blooms, and this uncommon perennial, Cruel Plant (Cynanchum ascyrifolium), is just starting its long, showy season.


A month ago I moved May Apples from the Cottage up here to Digby, under the wild Apple tree in the front yard. They are doing just fine!


It is a subtle bloom, but the main attraction of this delicate Euphorbia is the foliage. I must search out a name for this one. It comes up from seed here and there nicely. (Despite the weeds, which are not getting much attack from me yet.)


And here are a few last bits of colour showing up in my oh-so-untended garden. Check out all the other blogs for Bloom Day, as listed at May Dreams Gardens. See you all next month on the 15th... or sooner. 








4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the saying, "knee deep in June!" I'm knee deep in unseasonable rain, but at least I'm not out watering like usual. I enjoy iris, but the season is so short. The white and purple one on the left is sure pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Irises are lovely .Every bloom is beautiful and stunning.Happy blooms day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many different and beautiful flowers! I do hope your white dogwood blooms for you soon. I love dogwoods!!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete