Sunday, February 15, 2015

Bloom Day Blizzard


Today February 15, is a total blizzard here in Nova Scotia, Canada.  Not that I'd have anything blooming outside anyway, but there is some colour inside the house. 
A few weeks ago, a dinner guest kindly brought a pot of tulips to the house, just starting to bloom.  They have lasted a long time, and though they are well past their prime, here is an expose on their February flowering.  Aside from a worn Poinsettia, this is all I got.

 


I have not been blogging much, or reading blogs this winter, but this blizzardy Garden Bloggers Bloom Day is the perfect occasion for a fresh start.  Enjoy all the blogs, thanks to the listing at May Dreams Gardens. Today is definitely a day to dream about May, here in eastern Canada.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I really love your tulips. Is it a forcing ones? I grow spring bulbs for the first time ever and wait for the tulips to bloom.. so I am pleased to see yours..

    Have a wonderful day..
    Hari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your indoor blooms. We are in the middle of a blizzard here too and I am anxiously waiting for spring!!! Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love that color!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in for bloom day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No blizzard here in upstate New York, but it's pretty nasty out. I know well that feeling of scouring the house for something, anything, to post for GBBD. I enjoyed your pictures. May spring come soon to both of us! Alana

    ReplyDelete