Monday, September 15, 2014

September Bloom Day '14 - Digby, Nova Scotia

Crocosmia 'Lucifer'?
One of the best things about "Garden Bloggers Bloom Day" is the way it prompts a person like me to get out with the camera, post on my blog, and then surf the net to enjoy the blooms from around the world.  Thanks to May Dreams Gardens for hosting this monthly extravaganza!  
Above - Coreopsis, Sedum & Corcosmia
Below - Iceberg and Campfire Roses
 

An Aster (I won't attempt the new genus name yet)
So, here at my new home, in my new town, I have ready-made perennial borders all around.  We have started to make them our own... ripping out many hostas and bringing in some of our own things.  The blossoms this summer - on what was already here - have been quite good.  
Another Aster

Above - a little Echinacea
Below - a little Buddleja and a little Eupatorium
Yes, these three are all shorter cultivars.
 

It so happens that quite of few of these species in bloom today are new plants we have introduced.  The renovations will continue into the fall, I'm sure, including the planting of a few spring bulbs.  I've not seen any sign of a spring bulb anywhere in these beds.
Above - Achillea
Below - Hemerocallis and a late Lupinus
 

A vibrantly-blooming Strawberry, Fragaria
A Begonia that will soon need to be rescued from frosty weather

The last of the Phlox that have been blooming - lots of these in the beds on this property
Enjoy your bloom day!

No comments:

Post a Comment