Monday, July 4, 2022

First Field Trip

This afternoon, I got to join in on a nature hike with the NS Wild Flora Society up here on the NS NB border. Sean Blaney, of the Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Centre, led a botany trek into some Nature Conservancy Canada land. 
The weather was great, and the breeze kept many of the mosquitos away. It was an excellent introduction to this land of woods and wetlands that is just on the border, and near me. I will definitely be going back, again and again. 
It was a great time to meet some friends from the Flora Society, and some new people from a couple local groups, the Chignecto Naturalists, and a Cumberland wilderness group (name forgotten). We went only about one and a third kms down the woods road... typical for a group of plant enthusiasts looking at every growing thing in sight. 
I will be meeting these plants, and these people, again, in the years ahead. I am just at the beginning of this new path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment