Thursday, July 21, 2022

Clerk, Calamites & Car Keys

What do you do on the hottest day of the summer? Go on a field trip to a beach! What better way to get to know three church members? I spent lots of quality time with my new Church Clerk, her father and aunt, today. Our destination? Mary's Point national wildlife area, NB - between Hopewell Rocks and Cape Enrage.
Along the way, Tammy and I got to confer about church membership matters, including the process Sharon and I are taking to join First Baptist Amherst. I even had the Church Constitution with me to refer to in the car! And I got to know Dan and Elaine - what great adventurers they all are! Lots of laughter and good stories were shared.
Part of Tammy's life has been work as a geologist, so this destination was aimed at the fossil-bearing rocks... for the fun of it. Dan found this sample of a plant stem on the beach: Calamites. Very nice. 
I was looking at all the living plants, of course, on this 30 C day. 
The scenery was fabulous in and of itself, with these rocky islands amidst the expanses of mudflats. 
We got back to the car after wandeing out to the point and back, 6 kms... but the car keys promptly got locked IN the car! So we spent an extra hour hanging around: 30 C outside, and very air-conditioned in the interpretive centere. At last, a CAA fellow from Moncton arrived and got Tammy into the car: Hooray! 
Off we headed for home, with an obligatory stop at Trueman's for home-made ice cream, of course! ;) I wonder where the next adventure will be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment