Monday, September 14, 2020

Miscellaneous Monday: Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - September 2020

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day is the 15th of every month, so here are some views from my gardens at the Parsonage in Digby. This time of year is filled with plants of the Aster family, Asteraceae. Check out other horticultural delights by visiting May Dream Gardens, with a list of many blogs for mid-month.


Joe Pye Weed - some horticultural variety
Joe Pye Weed - some horticultural variety, not a wild one.

A white Ironweed (Vernonia). 
I especially like white flowers on a plant that usually is no so.

These Dahlias are new to me this year.
I started these Wingstems (Verbesina alternifolia) from seed a couple years ago, and they have finally flowered. I really like the structure of the flowerhead, it's unique.


Good ole Coneflower (Ecinacea) lasts a long time. These ones actually seeded themselves in the front of the bed, and I never got them moved back deeper.

These perennial Asters are just starting here in NS. A great plant for this soon to be frosty month. And I have some of the short variety yet to bloom. These season-extending flowers are so important up here!

This Rudbeckia keeps on blooming. 
It did not get very tall this year, having been chopped up and transplanted in early summer. 

You will see that I have other days of the week themed for other parts of my life. I may or may not stick closely to these themes. My next day for gardens and nature is Wednesday. Stay tuned!


7 comments:

  1. I've never grown dahlias, but it seems everyone else has given them a try. I might join in, they are so pretty.
    I really like that Wingstems, something I'd not heard of before. I looked it up and it says it likes sunny, but moist places. I don't do moist plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love asters. I have one that looks very similar to you. It's nice to have such cheerful at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Aster blooms.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to Gardening here http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/09/peacock-flower-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white iron weed is pretty. I too like white blooms, especially for supporting the night time pollinators. Coneflowers are an excellent staple and one of my favorites. Happy bloom day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Dahlias, so beautiful... and here I go again with zone envy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a variety of lovelies! They each have their own beauty :)


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete