Friday, September 18, 2020

Family & Friends Friday: 1984 Video of Great Grampie Murphy!

Hello family and friends! Yeah, Fridays are due to be my days to post this kind of personal stuff. I'm cutting back on social media, and using this blog instead. 

I was amazed and surprised this past weekend to get a link to some footage recently posted to Youtube of the one great grandparent I knew, Pat Murphy. So, those of you who knew him or are related, and those interested in antique cars, will enjoy this video. I do not know the fellow at all who posted this, and must have taken the video back in 1984. Grampie M would be eighty years old in this video. He died in 1990. 

One vehicle that lasted a long time in the family was decorated by Pat Murphy with all the chrome and lights he could find from other vehicles. It did not run, in my memory, but would be hauled in the occasional town parade. We called it 'The Flying Angel.' For some years, when I was a teenager, it was parked in our yard. Here is a photo of it from back then, with my sister, brother and me.


I remember getting to tour the junkyard, but not with Grampie Murphy. Not being interested in cars much, I
was fascinated by the tree trunks growing up through the bumpers and engines of the decaying vehicles. Here is the video.




No comments:

Post a Comment